Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Personal Spaces

The Personal Space-

In today's life there are many spaces, office spaces, living spaces, spaces for entertaining, spaces for cooking . . .

These spaces all are meant to be, more or less inhabited and shared with other people they have a social dimension. You may find people there, and you may invite people in.

These spaces are designed to be shared.

Perhaps you have a space that is just for you, a space designed to reflect you to yourself.

It can be a space where you come when struggling with a difficult challenge, for a 15 or 30 minute break. When I go there I get physically grounded again, clear headed, relaxed. I come home to myself.

People like to use their personal spaces in many ways. I like to dream, reflect, and mull things over. I let my mind wander and drift, float free. I like to just be in a space that supports me.

Here is a MANDALA called "Contemplation". It is an opening flower form in warm grays with hints of subtle color. The effect is calming and opening leading to quiet reflection and renewal.

No comments: